terça-feira, 20 de setembro de 2011

Trust Your Pilot

Read Galatians 3:2-9

Paul wrote, "I know the one in whom I have put my trust, and I am sure that [Christ] is able to guard until that day what I have entrusted to him." 2 Timothy 1:12 (NRSV)

THE airplane I was traveling home on was enveloped in thick, dense clouds. All of us passengers had become silent as the aircraft bucked and heaved in the dark sky. As we neared the airport, I caught fleeting glimpses of the earth below, but I still felt a long way from home. I thought about the faith we passengers had placed in the training and skill of the pilot and crew. We had not hesitated to place our lives in their hands.

Thousands of people all over the world place the same trust in airline crews every day. We routinely place our lives in the hands of mere mortals. So why do we sometimes find it difficult to entrust our lives to the care of our loving God? Our supreme Pilot longs to safely guide each of us home. Can we find the courage to entrust our lives to our Creator?

The Author

Roland Rink (Gauteng, South Africa)

Thought for the Day

Where in my life do I need to trust God more?

Prayer

God of all the world, thank you for your loving care that always surrounds us, even when we are not aware of it. Help us to trust you now in this life and for the life that awaits us. As Jesus taught us, we pray, "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil."* Amen.

Prayer focusThose who fear flying

http://devotional.upperroom.org/devotionals/2011-09-20

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário