quinta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2012

To Find the Sunshine



The Israelites murmured, “We remember the fish we used to eat in Egypt for nothing . . . but now our strength is dried up, and there is nothing at all but this manna to look at.”
— Numbers 11:5-6 (NRSV)
"Oh no," I thought, "I’m down with this illness, with many days to spend at home. I won’t be able to work or to meet with my friends or family." As this thought struck me, a wave of discontent seized me; I lay on my bed and murmured. Then, little by little, I found the positives in my situation. I was not in unbearable pain. My illness was not a permanent or terminal sickness. I could read all the books I wanted to read. I had a comfortable home with a roof over my head and good food on my table. My friends and relatives continued to call regularly to check on me. My pastor promised to pray for me.
“Give thanks in all circumstances,” Paul tells us (1 Thess. 5:18). As I learned to follow this admonition, I discovered that even when ill I could use my time to pray, to reflect, and to grow closer to God.

The Author

Anitha R. (Tamil Nadu, India) 

Faith in God can turn a curse into a blessing. (See Neh. 13:2.)

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for enabling us to see the positive in all our circumstances. We know that you can use even the unpleasant events in our lives for our good if we are open to the Holy Spirit’s voice. We are grateful to you for your eternal love. Amen.

Prayer focusThose who are homebound
 
http://devotional.upperroom.org/devotionals/2012-01-05

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário